Front End Developer
Nebulab is looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join our distributed team and work on challenging international projects, both open and private.
Nebulab is a digital consulting agency with a full-remote culture and three offices in Italy. We are specialized in building bespoke eCommerce websites and web applications for international clients from various industries, which range from exciting startups to large established brands. We're a growing team of friendly people with a culture based on continuous learning, transparency, collaboration and quality over quantity.
- Build solid, scalable and maintainable Rails applications with excellent test coverage.
- Write technical documentation.
- Communicate constantly with the client and organize teamwork.
- Help and share expertise with other members of the team.
- Collaborate with other developers, designer, team leads and stakeholders to understand business goals, analyze requirements and propose your ideas and technical solutions.
- Review colleagues' code, participate in pairing sessions and provide mentorship to junior and intermediate developers.
- Help in project estimation and planning.
- Lead a project independently from the start to the execution.
- Write clean and tested code in accordance with our style guides.
- Have experience with HTML and CSS (Sass or Less)
- Be confident with Git and with Unix shell.
- Be (or want to be?) an open source contributor.
- Have a very good command of written and spoken English.
- Have a good command of written and spoken Italian.
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Have knowledge of project management tools like Trello and GitHub Projects.
Good to have skills
- Have experience in developing Ruby on Rails applications (or with other MVC frameworks).
- Have experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Have basic DevOps skills.
- Have a basic understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Have a TDD approach to problems.
- Be able to write technical blog posts.
- Be curious about latest technologies.
- Help us in our hiring process.
- Have experience with eCommerce platforms.
- Be able to speak at tech conferences, workshops, and meetups.
What we offer
- 100% Remote work: You can work from one of our beautiful offices in Italy or remotely, as much as you want.
- Paid retreats: We get together twice a year to work on our own projects, bond and chill out!
- Cheerful environment: You’ll be surrounded by people who love what they do and have a good time while doing it.
- Top-notch equipment: We will provide whatever hardware (MacBook Pro, Bose or Sony noise canceling headphones and LG 4K monitor) and software you need in order to do your very best work.
- Study Fridays: We only work for clients 4 days a week. Friday is dedicated to personal growth and demos!
- Paid conferences: Want to attend that conference? Let us know and we’ll pay for the trip, accommodation, and tickets.
- Educational budget: We provide a budget for books, courses and anything else that will help you hone your skills.
- Competitive salary: We believe in compensating people fairly, so we offer salaries amongst the best you can find.
- Flexible work hours: As long as you’re doing great work, we really don’t mind if it’s a regular 9-to-5 or something else.
- Mentoring: You’ll have a dedicated mentor who’ll cheer for you as well as make sure you never stop growing.
Life at Nebulab
Nebulab is a digital agency based on respect, smiles and hard working people. In our work we strive to balance expertise, humanity and clarity to make contact with other people. We want technology to be warm and welcoming.
We have designed our culture, our day-to-day work and our interactions to maximize your productivity and happiness. You’ll have time to focus and work hard as well as time to disconnect, recharge and grow.
You can work from one of our beautiful offices in central Italy or remotely, as much as you want, and with a flexible work schedule.
You’ll work on exciting challenges for interesting clients that are a good fit and have realistic expectations, usually in micro-teams of up to 4 people.
Grow with us
Together with your mentor, you’ll define a career path and your goals according to your talent, so that we can grow together.
Moreover, we provide an educational budget for books, courses, conferences and anything else that will help you hone your skills.
We believe in compensating people fairly, so we offer salaries amongst the best you can find.
Nebulab is the workplace by developers for developers, you’ll be surrounded by people who love what they do and have a good time while doing it. What are you waiting for? Join us!